Our paths to prosperity…
- Rishi Sunak divided opinion recently when he said an anti-maths mindset is holding our economy back. How much experience in Maths is necessary to study economics?
- Want to dip your toe in the water? Discover Economics in our student-led outreach programme to widen participation.
- Thinking beyond campus to the great pillars of industry? Our students spill the T on their ‘Year in Banking’.
- Some of you are already on your way – The HSS team briefs students on the expectations for their ‘Year in’ experience.
Thoughts and Projects…
- How can economics play into resolving conflict? Dr Mitra let’s us in on the secret.
- How can we trade out our meals for something more healthy and sustainable? Iain Fraser has received funding for research on how we can bring food production into the 21st century. Take a bite here.
- The Global Innovation Fund has recently awarded a research grant to Professor Zaki Wahhaj.
Events at Kent…
- How do technology and gender intersect? Cecilia García Peñalosa joins us on 7th June to discuss why women in Switzerland only attained full voting rights in 1990 (bottom of page).
- Hot on gaming? Yuta Watabe joined us to discuss the distribution of digital goods on Steam, the worlds largest computer game platform (top of page).