Thank you to all for keeping up to date with us over this past year.
As a treat we’ve compiled the best statistics across our School and the UK’s ever-changing economic climate, as well as our best blogs and stories of 2022.
And before you ask, no, we haven’t just ripped-off a popular music streaming service‘s campaign.. (not completely anyway).
The MMF Conference gathered here over 100 delegates from 85 different academic departments across the world, holding 32 parallel sessions and 3 special sessions throughout its 3 days.
We hosted 270 Degree Apprentice Economists on their annual residential.
The Bank of England published its 1st ever book, written by Kent Alumnus Jack Meaning.
There were 41 days in 2022 when women effectively stopped earning relative to men.
87% of our publications were rated as world leading in this year’s REF.
We launched the 1st ever volume of the Kent Economics Undergraduate Research Journal.
There were 100 attendees at the Kennedy casino night.
Hatrick – The Economics Society won society of the year for 3rd year in a row.
We sent 12 students on their Year in Industry placement.
We wrote 102 blogs this year, but with one blog, it was love at first read. Our most read blog was Ukranian Crisis: What can you do to help?
We explored many categories, but here were our top 5:
Our year can’t be contained in a playlist (of blogs), but we tried anyway.
- In January we understood the world we live in
- In February we didn’t let the house win
- We lent a hand to Ukraine in March
- In April we paid for drinks with memes
- We won Above and Beyond Awards in May
- For Pride in June we researched sexual minority disparities in earnings
- We graduated in July
- We launched our student research journal in August
- In September we worked hard and played hard
- In October we looked at black outcomes for Black History Month.
- We stepped into the Dragon’s Den in November
- And in December we put ourselves out there, making new friends via Mario Kart!
A look ahead
Apply for a research scholarship before 20th January 2023! Submit your application here.