Our Economics Degree Apprentices celebrate the end of their academic year.

Its not always easy balancing work with studying. After another productive year, these apprentices have really shone.

The Professional Economist Degree Apprenticeship team would like to congratulate our stage 1 apprentices, Jake Gilbert and Caitlin Lilley on achieving ‘Best Overall Performance’ for stage 1 having scored a stage average of 82%!

Stage 2 apprentices, Hebah Pervaiz and Victoria Haigney on achieving ‘Best Overall Performance’ for stage 2 having scored a stage average of 84%! Fantastic stuff!

This award recognises the hard work and dedication that apprentices have put into their study alongside work.

Catlin Lilley -Stage 1 Prize  (pictured above with Professsor Alastair Bailey) 

“I am so pleased to have achieved this award. It hasn’t always been easy balancing work with studying, but I have had amazing support from my employer, Ofcom, and the staff at the University of Kent. I’d like to thank them both for giving me the opportunity and the tools I needed to succeed.”

Hebah Pervaiz with her certificate.

Hebah Pervaiz, Stage 2 Prize

I am grateful to receive the award for Best Overall Performance in Stage 2 of the Professional Economist degree apprenticeship. 

Having received this award for both Stage 1 and 2 has been very rewarding. I am excited for the next and final year of the programme, and the learning and experiences it will bring.

Victoria Haigney

Victoria Haigney, Stage 2 Prize

“­I am delighted to see my hard work in Stage 2 pay off! While it continues to challenge me, the GESDAP scheme has been incredibly rewarding so far and I’m excited to keep up my efforts as we move into Stage 3”.

Professor Iain Fraser with Jake Gilbert

Jake Gilbert, Stage 1 Prize)

“I’m really proud to have received this award, it’s good to know that all the hard work and dedication over the last year has paid off”.

All the prize winners received a certificate and a prize of £50 each.