Engaging, Speculating, Researching, Winning. Celebrating a Successful Spring in our monthly RoundUp.
The Musk Effect
- Student Kheireddine Adeyemi is working on his Stage 3 dissertation -how Elon Musk’s Twitter activity effects financial markets. With Musk’s recent bid to acquire Twitter, he’s had a busy week.
Engaging Students through Innovative Teaching
- Rowan Cherodian teaches Introduction to Time-Series Econometrics to Stage Two Economics students. Recently, he held a meme contest, where the students with the top three memes got free drinks at K-Bar. See more.
- This new Study conducted in Bangladesh should help to improve financial inclusion for low-income urban women in a developing country. Read here.
- The Economics Society have scooped the best Academic Society of the Year award at Kent Union’s Activities Awards for the third year running! Congratulations!
The Stock Pitch Challenge
- The Stock Pitch Challenge is Kent Invest’s annual flagship event. Members work in teams to create a stock pitch on a particular company they think is going to outperform the market––generating higher returns than the S&P 500. Sebastian Loftblad finds out more.