June was exam month at the school but it also brought us an OBE, a top ranking, a Kent Researcher’s Award as well as Pride month and we are here for all of it!
From OBE’s to People’s Choice, we’re celebrating…
- Professor Jagjit Chadha received an OBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list. Find out more about his award.
- PhD candidate Yannis Galankis took part in the 2021 Kent Researchers’ Showcase and won the People’s Choice award! Read more about his research.
We also celebrated Pride Month
- Stage 3 student Tapasya Bhandari discussed LGBTQ+ rights and the nature of ‘Rainbow Capitalism’. Read here.
The HSS division launched Summer Bites!
- A month of bitesize talks from the Schools of Anthropology and Conservation, Economics, Politics and International Relations, and Psychology about the study of humans and the systems we use to live on the planet we inhabit. View July’s schedule.
We ranked higher!
- The School of Economics went up 9 places in The Complete University Guide. See the full results.
- Rob Fraser collaborated on Western Australia health cost comparison between suppression response to COVID-19 and those expected under a herd immunity policy. Read more.
- Adelina Gschwandtner co-authored a study on organic food consumption, discovering that higher prices explain sector growth, not increased consumption. Learn more.
Want to know what it’s really like studying Economics at Kent?
We’re looking forward to…
- The ‘Experimental Social Science Workshop’ is taking place in a hybrid form here at the University of Kent, on September 9-10, 2021. Submit your abstract here.