The Parkinson’s UK South East Research Interest Group (SERIG) held an online event on Saturday 20 May titled – ‘Caring for Carers of People with Parkinson’s’.
If you missed the event or would like to watch the speakers again, you can find the recording here: https://parkinsons-org-uk.zoom.us/rec/share/V__3RYDCZxtWqt58nV9kA99TgY2QwMXj1EPN9mHNvKn6E0UihR7PRwzDfwJjiZRI.QRgWk6gzNKV6aSyA
Several useful links and resources were also shared at the event including:
- Partners of People with Parkinson’s Facebook Group, led by Sue Whipps: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1734404233474754
- People with Parkinson’s, their loved ones and carers can ring Parkinson’s UK’s free and confidential Helpline on 0808 800 0303 and the Advisers and Parkinson’s Nurses will be on hand to chat, listen and signpost to further information, services, and activities. You can read more about the full range of information and support that Parkinson’s UK provides, on the website: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support
- Information and support for carers, on the Parkinson’s UK website: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/caring-someone-parkinsons
- Parkinson’s Life Raft podcast: https://parkinsonsliferaft.com/
- Take part in the PD-Care study: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ion/research/research-departments/clinical-and-movement-neurosciences/pd-care/about-pd-care-study (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)