Simon Whyte completes Tough Mudder Challenge and raises £880

We are extremely grateful to Simon Whyte, a member of staff at the King’s School, Canterbury, for his dedication to the Parkinson’s Centre for Integrated Therapy over the past year.

The King’s School, Canterbury selected the Parkinson’s Centre as their 2022 Charity of the Year and Simon pledged to raise money for our vital cause by taking on eight Tough Mudder courses across the UK.  This was a remarkable achievement (and we expect a rather painful one too!) and we would like to thank Simon most sincerely for his efforts.  He raised an incredible £880 and we are truly grateful.

Of his experience, Simon said “All in all, I couldn’t be prouder of my performance and all my sponsors have my unending gratitude! The Parkinson’s Centre for Integrated Therapy will make a huge difference to so many people’s lives and I am proud to have done my bit to help make the University of Kent and the Kent MS Therapy Centre’s vision a reality.  It’s now time to start planning next year’s challenge and I know just the Spartan…”

Simon’s final event was the Manchester 10km Tough Mudder, a seven hour journey from his home in Kent.  He came 7th in the race which was rather muddy after a downpour the night before.  He ran up hills, through woodlands, past cattle, an unexpected golf course and the plethora of friendly neighbourhood runners and even ran through an electric shock obstacle!

Thank you Simon, we appreciate all you have achieved for us.

If you would like to sponsor Simon please visit his JustGiving page or if you would like to organise your own challenge event, please get in touch.