Supporter to take on the Tough Mudder challenge

Simon Whyte, IT Technician at the King’s School, Canterbury, has pledged to support the Parkinson’s Centre for Integrated Therapy by taking part in 11 Tough Mudder Events over the coming year to raise vital funds for the Centre.

Of his challenge, Simon said:

“I am very excited to be taking on my first fundraising challenge for a charity and I am delighted to be supporting the Parkinson’s Centre for Integrated Therapy.  This new Centre will give those living with Parkinson’s disease a chance at relief and healing. While friends and family in my life are affected, a close work colleague is also living with Parkinson’s.  The Centre being central to Kent will give him the possibility to explore multiple treatments.

My goal is to partake in every UK Tough Mudder, 11 in total, while aiming to raise £2,000 for the Centre. My employer, The Kings School, has chosen the Parkinson’s Centre for Integrated Therapy as their Charity of the Year and I will be working with them to organise other events to raise awareness and further donations for this most important cause.

I’ve been training 4-5 times a week which is a wonderful excuse to stay healthy and keep active, mixing in swimming, running and weight training in preparation.

Participating in a Tough Mudder Event is an amazing and rewarding experience. They can be taken at your own pace and their ethos in tackling the course and life’s hurdles is inspiring. I’m fortunate to see the countryside and meet other incredible challengers facing the Mud.

In the current global climate, I believe everyone can be more altruistic. Donate to the causes close to your heart and show solidarity to all living things.

Remember to smile, be kind, move forward and get muddy!”

If you would like to support Simon’s efforts, please visit his JustGiving page and sponsor him online.

We are most grateful to Simon for his generous support and wish him the best of luck for his challenge.

Please get in touch if you would like to take part in your own challenge event to raise funds for the Centre. Parkinsons@kent.ac.uk