Kent alumna abseils down the ArcelorMittal Orbit in aid of the Kent Law Campaign

On Friday 17th April, Natalie Salunke, Chair of the Young Alumni Group, abseiled down the iconic ArcelorMittal Orbit at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to raise money for the Kent Law Campaign.

The ArcelorMittal Orbit plays host to the UK’s tallest freefall abseil with views of up to 20 miles across London.  The Kent Law Campaign would like to congratulate and thank Natalie for taking part in this exhilarating challenge in support of the Campaign.

Natalie said: “I was quite apprehensive to abseil down the ArcelorMittal Orbit when I realised that it was a free fall abseil rather than down the side of the structure! Luckily it was a lovely sunny day and the wind wasn’t too strong. The most difficult part of the abseil was making it over the ledge and allowing your body weight to hang entirely on the cables. After that, it was all about taking in the spectacular views and trying not to get swept away by the wind! Thanks again to all my friends, family and Kent connections who took the time out to support and sponsor me. So far I have managed to raise £1,426.36 in total towards the Kent Law Campaign.”

Natalie has raised an incredible £1,426.36 towards her ArcelorMittal Orbit abseil so far. To date, she has raised in excess of £7000 towards the Kent Law Campaign.