Marathon runner raises over £3,500 for the Kent Law Campaign!

Anna Pollard London Marathon 2012

Anna Pollard (K98 and Campaigns Manager at the University of Kent) ran the London Marathon on Sunday 22nd April and her fundraising page has now come to a close.  In total, Anna raised over £3,500 for the Kent Law Campaign – we are so proud of her for completing such a gruelling challenge and on behalf of the University we would like to thank her for her efforts.  Of the experience Anna said:

“The Kent Law Campaign is a fantastic project and one which I am fully behind.  Set up in 1972, the Kent Law Clinic was the first of its kind in a UK Law School and since then it has helped hundreds of people who need but cannot afford access to legal services. When I received my ballot place for the 2012 Virgin London Marathon I knew I wanted to run to raise money for the Law Campaign.  I am not a runner and was met with sniggers when I told family and friends that I had secured a place – I proved them wrong and completed the race in 05:21:17 and raised over £3,500 for the Campaign!  It was an amazing experience and I would urge everybody to take up a personal challenge to raise valuable funds for this worthy cause.”

If, like Anna, you would like to take part in a sponsored event for the Kent Law Campaign please contact alumni@kent.ac.uk to discuss.