[Cancelled] Copyright the Card Game session – 14 June 2018

**Update – 11 June 2018. Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances I have had to postpone this session to another time. I will find a new time as soon as possible.**

I am running another Copyright the Card Game session in the Templeman Library at 2pm on Thursday 14 June 2018. The game allows participants to understand the ways in which copyright law impacts on the day to day workings of an educational institution, looking at teaching, research and engagement. It is appropriate for all staff who work with copyright material (so pretty much anyone who uses a computer) and participants will learn about:

• the things that copyright protects,
  • the activities that are restricted by copyright
  • when licences provide permission to use copyright content
  • when fair dealing exceptions apply to those activities.

Most importantly the game also allows those who play it to consider the way that risk applies to working with copyright material and prompts discussions on how this applies in different contexts.

The session lasts 2.5 hours and finishes at 4:30pm. If you are interested in attending please contact copyright@kent.ac.uk. Please ask your manager’s permission before attending the course.

I hope to see you there.

Chris Morrison
Copyright, Software Licensing and IS Policy Manager

2 responses to “[Cancelled] Copyright the Card Game session – 14 June 2018

1. Hi Rebecca – I’ll add you to the waiting list and will be in touch when we next run the session.

2. I am unable to attend this session, but if you run a morning session would you be able to let me know. Thank you.