For final year undergraduate students thinking about postgraduate taught study at Kent, both the Centre for Journalism and the University has designed an exclusive range of Master’s scholarships to support your progression.
These awards are part of Kent’s efforts to support excellence in academia and facilitate a better tomorrow. They are designed to help you sharpen your focus, build meaningful connections and step up, stand out and specialise in your further education.
Study your Master’s at the Centre for Journalism
Our postgraduate programmes give you the chance to research and learn in an environment that instils excellence in the practice of convergent, multimedia journalism.
Our Multimedia Journalism MA is professionally accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ). It teaches multimedia journalism to graduates who intend to pursue a career in the news industry. We have work placement and scholarship agreements with partners including Sky News, Associated Newspapers and the Kent Messenger Group. See our professional recognition page for more information.
Our International Multimedia Journalism MA teaches multimedia journalism to graduates of universities outside the UK who aspire to pursue a career in the news industry
- International Multimedia Journalism MA Global Scholarship: A £2,500 stipend for overseas students (including EU students) who have firmly accepted an offer of a place on the International Multimedia Journalism MA for entry in September 2021.The University will assess eligibility for the award after an application for entry to International Multimedia Journalism MA has been submitted. No further application for the award is required.
Apply by Wednesday 31 March 2021 and by Monday 31 May (Round 2) for:
- International Scholarship for Taught Master’s students: A £3,000 scholarship for overseas fee-paying students who hold or are due to receive a UK First Class Honours degree (or equivalent overseas qualification). Up to 20 awards available.
Apply by Sunday 2 May 2021 for:
- “Tomorrow’s World” Civic Mission Scholarship: A £3,000 scholarship for current final-year undergraduate students with a First Class Honours degree from Kent who can demonstrate how their Master’s will enable them to contribute to communities in Kent and Medway during their further studies and in the future (Home, EU and overseas fee payers). A total of 18 awards are available for entry in September 2021
- “Tomorrow’s World” Excellence Scholarship: A £3,000 scholarship for current Kent undergraduate students with a First Class Honours degree continuing to Master’s study at any of Kent’s locations (Home, EU and overseas fee payers). A total of 24 awards are available for entry in September 2021.
Apply by Sunday 13 June for:
- Kent Alumni Tuition Fee Discount: A £1,500 discount for current full-time students (£750 for part-time students) progressing from undergraduate to postgraduate study at Kent. Open to students of any fee status who have achieved at least a 2.1 in their undergraduate programme (applications open Monday 31 May, 09.00 BST)
For more information about funding your Master’s study, including Postgraduate Loans, visit Kent’s Postgraduate funding page.
For any queries, contact email@example.com