Postgraduate students at the Centre for Journalism are encouraged to apply now to join our team of Postgraduate Ambassadors.
It’s an exciting and varied role, working closely with outreach and academic staff in support of the University’s Partner School Programme and CfJ’s outreach and recruitment strategy.
As a Postgraduate Ambassador, you can:
- use your skills, knowledge and expertise to develop and deliver sessions based around topics in journalism
- choose to offer more general support, advice and guidance to potential HE students
- develop skills in teaching, public speaking, project development and delivery
- work with different organisations and individuals (from primary school children to colleagues across the University)
- get involved in recruitment activities – promoting and representing the University and its courses to home and EU fee paying students at both undergraduate and postgraduate level through events such as Applicant Days, Campus Visits and Open Days
- have a real impact on people’s lives, encouraging participants to achieve their potential and to consider higher education as a realistic option.
The University is committed to outreach work with local schools, colleges and community groups, aiming to raise aspirations and encourage people from a variety of backgrounds to consider progression to higher education. Participants are introduced to the challenges and opportunities of a university education through a programme of stimulating activities delivered both on and off campus.
If you’d like to be part of a diverse community of Student Ambassadors (with hoodies and social’s throughout the year!) apply online by Wednesday 24 March.