Meet some of our sports scholarship stars

Are you a sporting fanatic? No matter your sport, there could be a scholarship for you.

Meet some of our sport scholars.

Imogen Amos

SportLong Distance running

Academic courseBiomedical Science

Best sporting achievement/personal best: My first half marathon I was ranked 1st in my age group as an U20 in the UK – Cambridge Half 79.27.

2022/23 goals in sport: To get on England programme for Half/Full marathon.

To achieve pbs at 10k and Half Marathon.

To remain injury free.

Why did you apply to study at Kent (new students) or what is your favourite thing about Kent Uni (returning students)? I love how many different social groups/clubs there are to join!

What are you looking forward to experiencing most on the Scheme this year? I am looking forward to getting back to the S&C sessions and other in person events now COVID has gone a bit quieter!

(Bomi) Saultan Bello

Sport: Triple Jump

Academic Course: Biomedical Science

Best sporting achievement/personal best: Getting a Pb after being injured.

ESSA: 2nd Place

ESSA cup finals with the school team

2022/23 goals in sport: BUCS Final for Triple Jump, get at least two jumps over 14m and improve my run up and middle phase during the jump.

Why did you apply to study at Kent (new students) or what is your favourite thing about Kent Uni (returning students)? My favourite thing about Kent are the TVs at the top of Eliot, it is a good social hub.

What are you looking forward to experiencing most on the Scheme this year? Strength and Conditioning sessions.

Euan Munday

Sport: Cricket

Academic course: Infectious Diseases (MSc)

Best sporting achievement/personal best: 4-28 and 27 not out vs Kent 2nd XI.

2022/23 goals in sport: Play more games at a higher standard and keep bowling at international teams and players.

Why did you apply to study at Kent (new students) or what is your favourite thing about Kent Uni (returning students)? My favourite thing about Kent has been the ability to develop both my sporting ability and myself as a person.

What are you looking forward to experiencing most on the Scheme this year? Getting back into strength and conditioning in order to prepare for the 2023 season.