The Sir David Akers Jones Hong Kong and China Fund is awarded to two students who wish to study at one of The University of Kent’s partner institutions, or undertake a work placement, in Hong Kong or mainland China.
There are two scholarships available, each worth £1,000, and the award is open to all nationalities. The criteria is as below;
- Be enrolled on a full-time degree level programme at the University of Kent that incorporates a study or work placement abroad in Hong Kong or mainland China.
- Undergraduate students must be entering into their second year of study in 2018-19, and have achieved a first year average of an upper second or above.
- Postgraduate students must be entering into their first year of study in 2018-19.
If you are interested in this opportunity, then you must submit your application by no later that 31 January 2019.
For more details and the application form, please click the following link: https://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/search/FNADDAJHKC01
GoEco invites students and faculty to participate in our art internships and volunteer projects abroad!
Greater Kruger Area Wildlife Photography South Africa
Capture the most spectacular wildlife on camera while contributing to conservation efforts. You will work alongside professional photographers as you go on game drives and bush walks to locate indigenous African wildlife across the reserve. The photos you take will help support the reserve’s public awareness initiatives!
Eduactional Outreach in Kathmandu Nepal
Provide underprivileged Nepalese children with the skills and confidence they need to pursue their dreams. Volunteers will assist local teachers by leading lessons in English, math, history, science and more, and also engage in cultural exchange activities like games, sports, and arts and crafts.
Wildlife Photography and Conservation in Victoria Falls Zimbabwe
Take part in a photography and research program in the most spectacular setting – the Zambezi and Victoria Falls National Parks in Zimbabwe. You will be staying in the National Park, on the banks of the Zambezi River, with hippos, elephants, and bushbucks as neighbours. Take part in a three day photography workshop, and assist in collecting vital research data on Africa’s most iconic species.
Teaching and Social Work in San Jose Costa Rica
Get involved with the local communities of San José in beautiful Costa Rica by joining a social work project helping children or the elderly.
‘I love studying in Europe because…’
Send a ‘60-second Film’ to the world and you could win 150 Euro!
Are you a student studying at a higher education institution in Europe? Want to show the world why you love studying here?
We are looking for fun, fresh short films that celebrate why it is great to study abroad in Europe.
Your mission is to create a ‘short film’ (60 seconds or less) to show other students around the world what you love about studying in Europe. We want to know what inspired you to come to Europe and hear about any long-term ambitions you have achieved here or any personal challenges you have overcome while studying in Europe.
Please choose from one or more of the following categories:
- Making friends from different countries… introduce us to some of the international friends you have met and tell us why they are so important to you.
- Training for your perfect career… how is studying in Europe helping you achieve your aspirations? What experiences have you had that will help you in the future?
- Discovering new cultures… show us how passionate you are about meeting new people and learning about the different cultures across Europe.
- Enjoying new hobbies and interests…. Tell us about your new interests you have developed and how they have added to your experience of living in Europe.
- Student life… explain to us what student life is like for you. Do you have any top tips for students thinking about coming to study in Europe?
Be in with a chance to win!
We plan to select and publish between 10 and 30 films. Each film we publish will receive a prize of a voucher to the value of 150 Euro.
For filming tips and full details on how to enter go to: https://ec.europa.eu/education/study-in-europe/news-views/video-competition_en
The closing date for entries is 10 February 2017
We look forward to seeing your films!
27th International Week of young theatre – ARENA FESTIVAL of ART Germany are calling for submissions. They are looking forward to diverse applications in the International Week of young theatre – ARENA FESTIVAL of ART Germany are calling for submissions. They are looking forward to diverse applications in the field of drama, dance, experimental and performance art.
Applications can be sent via email or mail deadline 15 January 2017. Go to www.arena-festival.de
The festival is organized by students of the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen Nurnberg on a voluntary basis but they can offer artists’ travel expenses, accommodation and care allowance but no wages.
The theme for 2017 is PRISM: Shifting Perspectives
“Arena 2017 will enable an international exchange of performances, dance and theatre. Providing a platform to trigger this change in perspective. Intercultural artistic exchange is a prism, as a light refractor, as a perception shifter. Are you ready to see what is around the corner?”
Date of Festival 21 – 25 June 2017 in Erlangen Germany