The V&A Department of Theatre and Performance contains the UK’s National Collection of Performing Arts. The collections are vast, covering all areas of live performance from theatre, opera and ballet, to music hall and musical theatre, circus, puppetry, and rock and pop.
- Departmental activity is divided into curatorial work (based at Blythe House, Olympia) and exhibitions, publications and potential web-content (based at V&A South Kensington).
- Exhibitions-based work includes the development of the permanent Theatre and Performance
- Galleries at the V&A and a broad programme of special exhibitions, both at the V&A and on tour.
Voluntary Work Experience Placements and Training: Exhibitions
The Exhibitions side of the Department offers a small number of volunteer and graduate placements, for career development, training and research.
- Volunteers assist with research and interpretation, exhibition development, publications, potential web content and other outputs.
- Volunteers have access to professional development training and experience, both at the V&A and at other relevant institutions and organisations in London, such as theatres, museums and other arts institutions.
- Work is varied and rewarding, and allows volunteers to contribute to the work of one of the UK’s flagship cultural institutions.
The next placements will be within the period from March – October 2017.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the application form in the link below and then send this to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for applications is 12 February 2017.