Guest Blogs and Links

Guest Blogs

As well as my own blog I have been a guest and forum blogger for the Voluntary Action History Society. You can read my blogs for them by clicking the links below:VAHS

New Researchers at #VAHS2013 (July, 2013)

Breaking New Ground or Digging Up the Past? (March, 2013)

Charity Closures and Changing Fortunes (January, 2013)

General Links

Economic and Social Research Council – My funders – find out what else they get up to.

University of KentSSPSSR and the Centre for Philanthropy – My academic home, find out about my department and the research going on in the Centre for Philanthropy, via their blog

Voluntary Action History Society New Researchers and Home Page – VAHS organise seminars, conferences, workshops and much more, with a dedicated committee for new researchers. They also have a good blog, which I have contributed to in the past.

History & Policy – Bringing together historians and policy-makers, History and Policy offers opinion pieces and historical context to today’s policy issues.

Campaign for Voluntary Sector Archives – Historians of voluntary action rely on the archives of organisations to do their research. The Campaign for Voluntary Sector Archives works to disseminate best practice for organisations, encourage them to deposit their archives, and keep watch over voluntary sector archives’ issues.

Suggested Blogs

Kate Bradley – for reflections on contemporary British history and much more

George Campbell Gosling – Historian of Medicine and Charity