The Year in Arts 2017 start application is open to all stage 2 students. You will take this year after your second year and before your third year.
Modules that may be on offer to you during your Year in Arts include:
- Images of War and Violence
- Media and Performance
- Beauty in Theory, Culture & Contemporary Art
- Art and Film
- Film Criticism
- Digital Domains
- Animated Worlds
- Television Series
By studying a Year in Arts you will:
- Learn skills suitable for a career in arts, media and the creative industries.
- Apply an arts subject to your primary area of study.
- Gain arts knowledge and skills that will be of lasting value in a field that is constantly changing.
- Develop an understanding of the history, theory and practice of film, drama, arts and/or media that can be applied in your future employment or further study.
- Develop general critical, analytical, creative and problem-solving skills that can be applied in a wide range of different work and life environments.
If you are interested, then make sure you apply by Saturday 1 April 2017.
If you would like more information then please do feel free to email us.
Please note that the Year in Arts will only be available to students who achieve 60% (merit) or above in their years prior to entering the Year in Arts.