The Partnership Development Office would like to introduce you to an exciting teaching opportunity that has just arisen and is exclusively for Kent graduates.
Brompton Academy, for which the University of Kent has strategic responsibility for leadership and development, is inviting direct applications from our final year students, for trainee secondary teachers in the following subjects:
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Media Studies
If you would like to sustain your relationship with the University of Kent and continue into a teaching career, please read the following Q & A section.
Questions and Answers
Who would benefit from this route into teaching?
If you are in your final year, considering a career in teaching and wanting to start in September 2017.
What are the benefits of this scheme above other routes into teaching?
As you are probably aware, there are numerous routes into teaching, which can be convoluted and confusing. The main benefits of this scheme are:
- A placement starting in September 2017
- A competitive salary in the region of £22k, which includes the salary and training costs
- A guaranteed placement in a forward-thinking, local school for your main placement, for three years
- Support from University of Kent staff, both during the application, interview and work placement stage and also once the programme has started
- A guaranteed paid work placement in Brompton before starting the scheme, for approximately 6 weeks in the school Summer Term (in May and June 2017)
- A significantly reduced teaching load in your first year, to allow for a gentler introduction into teaching while you train
How can I find out further information?
We are holding two information sessions about the scheme, on the following dates:
- Wednesday 1 February, 13.00-15.00 (Stacey Building Lecture Theatre 2, Canterbury campus)
- Tuesday 7 February, 10.00-12.00 (Keynes College Seminar Room 4, Canterbury campus)
If you would like to come along or have any queries, please email R.Spink@kent.ac.uk.