Last year, as part of the Faculty and School Administration Excellence Initiative, we ran a pilot Shadow Matching scheme. The scheme offers staff an opportunity for reciprocal shadowing opportunities between Schools and Central Services, to better understand the impact of their work and the work of others. The pilot was a great success with over 80 staff across the University taking part, developing new working relationships and broadening their understanding of roles.
We are delighted to be running this initiative again and invite you to take advantage of this opportunity.
- Thursday 6 to Thursday 27 April – Staff in Central Services can register to take part
- Monday 8 to Thursday 25 May – Staff in Schools can register to take part
- Early June – Pairs are matched and applicants informed
- Thursday 22 June, 10.00 to 12.00, Darwin – Meet Your Match event
- June-November – Two half-days of work shadowing to be arranged by participants
If you are interested in taking part please discuss this with your line manager, who has already received information about the scheme, before completing a short online application.
Registration is now open for Central Services staff.
Registration will open for school-based staff on 8 May. A link to the application form will be circulated nearer the time.
We hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org