SMFA lecturers Paul Gambrill and Peter Hatton receive Above and Beyond Awards!

Congratulations to SMFA lecturers Paul Gambrill and Peter Hatton for receiving their Above and Beyond Awards! The Kent Union Awards recognise any member of staff throughout the academic year who has gone above and beyond what is expected of them. The nominations are from students, offering the chance to show staff how much they are appreciated and to celebrate their achievements. As soon as a member of staff is nominated, they will be surprised while they’re working (whether that be teaching, in their office etc.) so that everyone around them can see how amazing they are.

For the awards to School of Music and Fine Art staff, Paul Gambrill, Associate Lecturer in Event and Experience Design, was described by nominators as inspiring, motivating and always willing to put in extra time to ensure students achieve their full potential. ‘He has been such an asset to the school for over eight years and we all feel he deserves recognition and something back.’

Peter Hatton, Programmes Director, Event and Experience Design, Event and Experience Management, Fine Art and Deputy Head of School,  was praised for being a very kind & understanding teacher, enthusiastic and offering continued assistance to ensure student progress and helping with career opportunities. ‘He has found us so many experiences, paid employment or volunteering work, and is never hesitant with referencing. His guidance has helped me develop my creativity, my knowledge and my practical skills to a great extent throughout my years in Kent, which I am forever grateful for.’

If you want to nominate a member of staff for going above and beyond, go to https://unionkent.wufoo.eu/forms/above-and-beyond-awards/