RESULTS grassroots campaigners take action locally to fight global poverty – using their voices to change the world. They receive training and support to become skilled advocates, from influencing MPs to policy makers, and engaging others within their community.
RESULTS campaigners at the University of Kent meet as a group to plan and take campaign actions and organise events. They regularly join our national conference calls, learning more about international development and sharing their successes from around the UK.
About RESULTS UK
RESULTS is a movement of passionate, committed, everyday people. Together they use their voices to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty. Our campaigners learn to effectively advise policy makers, guiding them towards decisions that improve access to education, health, and economic opportunities in the
RESULTS campaigners have the opportunity to:
• Join the University of Kent RESULTS action group and meet likeminded individuals campaigning to bring
an end to poverty.
• Support our campaigns on global health, education and economic opportunities.
• Take action with us, from publishing articles in the media to meeting with your constituency MP.
• Hear from experts on international development each month on our RESULTS conference calls.
• Put your points directly to influential decision-makers at RESULTS Advocacy Days.
• Organise events within the local community, be an ambassador for RESULTS in your area and help us to
grow our network.
• Develop your campaigning and advocacy skills at conferences and training sessions.
Who are RESULTS Campaigners?
RESULTS grassroots campaigners are people from all walks of life who want to make a difference. All backgrounds and levels of campaigns experience are welcome. Campaigning with RESULTS plays to your strengths, whether you are interested in helping out at events or you’re a social media whizz, there are lots of
different ways to get involved and build your skills.
You are invited to the RESULTS UKC Introductory Meeting
You are welcome to come along on Thursday October 20th at 6pm, in Eliot Extension seminar room 9, when the national campaigns coordinator for RESULTS UK will be coming down to let you know what RESULTS is all about, and give you an opportunity to get to know other likeminded people.
Register your interest/attendance on the RESULTS Facebook page and pass on the word to anyone who you think would be interested.
Find out more and sign up
To find out more about campaigning with RESULTS UK and be put in touch with the University of Kent RESULTS action group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, give us a call on 020 7793 3970 or join our Facebook Group. We’d love to hear from you!