Student Spotlight | Macaulee Whistler – BSc Financial Mathematics

Macaulee Whistler is currently studying BSc Financial Mathematics at Kent.

Why did you choose to study at the University of Kent?

I chose to study here because I liked the idea of a campus university and the Financial Mathematics course is unique to Kent.

What is the best thing about studying in the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science?

The best thing about studying the in the School is that there is a lot of support and there’s a diverse range of people.

What has been your favourite topic/module on your course?

My favourite module on my course so far has been Introduction to Finance as it is what I signed up for.

What have you found most interesting on your course?

I find how the modules inter-link really interesting as it helps to solidify my knowledge.

Have you found the School to be supportive? If so, how has the School supported you?

Yes, if I have a query there are office hours which I can attend and I can get in contact.

What do you think of the Sibson Building? What do you think the Building means for students within the School?

The Sibson Building is excellent. It’s modern and has great facilities. I feel like the Sibson Building gives us an identity and puts us on the map.

Can you sum up your course in three words?

Challenging but rewarding.

Would you recommend studying at Kent?

I would definitely recommend studying at Kent. It is a very unique university, like no other.

Click here for more information about BSc Financial Mathematics at Kent or contact our Admissions Assistant.