My first semester at Medway

An image of the Medway campus at the University of KentDespite numerous worries of starting first year again at a new institution my first semester at the Medway campus has been exciting and eventful.

Following the first week of introductions, university life really begins. I have a manageable timetable which allows me time to focus on my studies while also participating in a sports club and involving myself in various volunteering opportunities to build my CV and get to know more people. Making the most of these extra-curricular activities not only makes you more employable but also boosts your confidence which is vital when living away from home.

The lecturers on my course are friendly and encourage us to ask for support by offering to review our draft plans for assignments – something that is super helpful when transitioning from writing A-level essays to university essays.

However, the best decision that I have made at Medway so far has to be joining the Women’s Hockey Club. Although I have been assigned to the bottom team it makes training sessions all the more amusing and so allows me to have fun with it whilst also feeling guilt free when indulging in my favourite bar of Diary Milk chocolate later on in the week (defeats the point of exercise I know).

Overall, my first semester at Medway has been a success. Business and Management is an enjoyable course relating to the real world and I’ve been made to feel welcome in my new home for the next four years.

This post is by Kasia Makuch