Mariah’s Xercise Factor – three weeks

Three weeks. Twenty-one days. Five hundred and four hours. That’s how long I’ve been part of Xercise Factor 2017. It’s been absolute torture working with Mike, but I know he means well. He’s incredible at what he does (i.e. pushing you just before your breaking point).

Week one was my birthday week. We trained, but Mike was extremely gentle, helping to ease me back into exercise. But he did get his rod of encouragement out to push me just beyond what I was comfortable doing. I think I’m up for the challenge (but the rod didn’t help subside my fears!) and ready to take Xercise Factor on! I’ve been working hard at rehearsals for All Shook Up with Herne Bay Musical Theatre Society, learning choreography and getting a little bit of CV. It’s a great way to enjoy exercise doing what I love to do while getting a small workout!

Week two was a tough one. I cried. Just a little. I used to be rather fit at one point in my life. But moving across the pond, marrying and having two kids have occupied that part of my brain. I’ve completely fell off the wagon and this is why I wanted to be involved in Xercise Factor. To get that right ol’ kick in the @$$ to motivate me to be healthier, make better choices and build up my strength.

Week three. I’m feeling stronger and that’s what this is all about. I can do things I wasn’t able to do before, little things that have a big impact on everyday life. I also decided to pop into the Physio clinic for a check to see how my alignment was. HOLY WHOA. Vicky is pretty brutal, but she worked out all my kinks and gave me positive suggestions to help me on this continued path to healthiness.

I hope I will be able to move on to the next part of Xercise Factor. I know I can put in the work and it’s so important to keep my momentum going. Any slacking will cause a setback and that’s something I’m not interested in doing! I can’t thank the Fitness team enough for giving me the chance to prove myself. I also am so pleased that I have Mike as my mentor – he is surely not only showing me the ropes, but pushing me to do well!