With so much being offered to members at Kent Sport, it’s easy to miss some of the things we do. Here’s a list of five things you may not know Kent Sport offer. In no particular order:
- Tennis Tuesdays – Whether you’re an absolute beginner or an advanced player, you can get professional coaching every Tuesday at Kent Sport. Sessions include beginner, advanced and cardio and run throughout the day. Visit kent.ac.uk/sports/coachingcourses for more information.
- Sports Massage – “Should I choose physiotherapy or sports massage?” This is a question our staff members are frequently asked. The two are actually designed to compliment each other; while physiotherapy is used to treat potential or existing injuries, sports massage is a form of deep tissue therapy that is used to maintain the body, helping to prevent injury in the first place. Our physiotherapy clinic offers both, and has qualified sports massage therapists on hand to deliver expert help with all your aches and pains (they don’t have to be sports-related you know!) Visit kent.ac.uk/sports/physio for prices and opening times.
- Xercise Factor – Kent Sport’s popular six-week training programme returns in term two, open to all members who want to change their health and lifestyle habits. Successful applicants are give one-to-one personal training from qualified instructors, and battle it out against the other competitors in a bid to be crowned Xercise Factor Champion! Visit kent.ac.uk/sports/xercisefactor
- FitnessFest – An annual event at Kent Sport, FitnessFest is a unique medley of master classes led by the fitness team and special guest instructors. Last year, over 100 people took part in an evening full of excitement and energy. Participants sampled a range of fitness and dance classes, a group cardio session and a special spinning event. FitnessFest will return during the Spring Term in 2016, so be sure to check the online events calendar and our social media to stay up to date kent.ac.uk/sports/events
- New 3G pitch – Kent Sport has invested £1m in the development of a new world-class 3G pitch, due to be completed early in 2016, which will play host to many sports, including top-level football and rugby. Investment in the new pitch and maintenance equipment means that back-to-back games can be played and will increase the total number of users that can be accommodated throughout the year. In fact, approximately 2,000-2,500 people could use the pitch per week, as opposed to the 60+ on the grass pitch it has replaced! For details of the new pitch and to watch the live video feed, visit kent.ac.uk/sports/facilities/developments.html
To enjoy the full benefits of the amazing Kent Sport facilities, become a member today! kent.ac.uk/sports/membership.
To stay up to date with the latest news, special offers and activities, Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter UniKentSports.