Kent Students Unwind with Pets as Therapy Visit

pets-as-therapy

Six dogs from charity Pets as Therapy visited Kent Business School (KBS) on Tuesday 9 May, to offer students the opportunity to unwind during the stress of exam season.

The visit was also a chance for Pets as Therapy to raise its profile and fundraise, with those heading along to meet and pet the dogs also offered the chance to donate to the charity and the work that it does helping individuals suffering from conditions such as PTSD.

Among the canine companions who paid a visit to Kent Business School were Jem, a German Shepherd, Holly, a Springer Spaniel, Millie a Labrador cross, Daffy a Shihtzu cross, Sabie a Bull Terrier-Labrador cross and Bunty, a Golden Retriever.

Between 500 and 700 students attended the event, which was organised by Kent Business Society. Over £100 was raised for the charity, a donation which will be matched by Kent Business School.

Kent Business School MSc Marketing student Omar Salah said: ‘I love this. I love dogs – being around them is just so relaxing. It has definitely helped with exam stress. I have a dog at home, so seeing these dogs today has made me feel a bit more like I am there.’

The potential benefits of using dogs to help people relax and improve productivity is growing in awareness, with a recent report in the Guardian discussing the rise in businesses that allow workers to bring their dogs into the office.