Academic and professional services staff: please come and try the digital classrooms in the Templeman Library. You can use the rooms to teach or run training workshops. Be part of this pilot that will help shape how we use technology in the future.
Come to a digital classrooms drop-in session, and:
- find out the features our digital classrooms offer
- get hands-on experience of using the equipment
- chat to us about using a digital classroom next term.
Sessions are in the Templeman Library, TSR5 (A Block, Ground Floor):
- Monday 20 November 13:00, 14:00, 15:00
- Wednesday 22 November 13:00, 14:00, 15:00
Book a place or just drop in
- If you can, please tell us so we have some idea of numbers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you can’t book a place in advance, please come along anyway! We will make sure everyone can join in.
Or contact us to find out more
If you cannot come to a session but want to find out more please email the Future Learning Spaces team: email@example.com
More about our digital classrooms pilot
The Library has two digital classrooms for the 2017-18 academic year. They are pilot rooms, designed under the Future Learning Spaces project. This is a collaboration between Estates, UELT, Information Services and Timetabling.
The project supports the University Education and Student Experience Strategy.
We are exploring innovative teaching space design including:
- active learning
- new audio-visual technology
- innovative furniture and writing surfaces
- mobile device and BYOD (bring your own device) support
- lecture capture
- interactive voting systems.
16 academics have already taught in the rooms. At the end of the pilot, staff who have used the rooms will help us evaluate them. This will feed into future University-wide teaching space provision.