This post explains what you need to do with publications resulting from projects funded by RCUK
Why you need to do this
A requirement of RCUK funding is that peer reviewed journal articles and conference proceedings are made Open Access via the Gold route or the Green route. On behalf of the University, we (the Information Services Research Support Team in the library) have to report to RCUK each year on Open Access for the projects RCUK have funded.
Publications this applies to
Peer-reviewed journal articles and conference proceedings which:
- acknowledge RCUK funding
- are the results of any project funded by RCUK
- and have been published between 1 April 2016 and 31 March 2017.
You need to do this by 9th May 2017. This gives us time to compile the report before the deadline.
What happens next?
We will be contacting all principal investigators who have received RCUK funds shortly.
To sum up
Please enter details of all RCUK funded peer review articles and conference proceedings in KAR by May.
If you used the Gold route and paid an Article Processing Charge
- Upload the publisher pdf to KAR (most journals allow this, but check the Paid Open Access section of Sherpa Romeo).
- Apply a Creative Commons CC BY licence.
- Select the correct option in the APC section in KAR.
If you used the Green route
- Upload the Author’s Accepted Manuscript.
- Check Sherpa Romeo to see if you need to use an embargo.
- You do not have to apply a specific Creative Commons licence but RCUK recommends CC BY NC.