We have upgraded LibrarySearch to a new system. It looks a bit different, but it works in a similar way.
Some key differences:
- there are two menus to narrow your search: use the one on the left for physical items and the one on the right for e-resources
- you can use the Place reservation button to request items that are on loan, in the Reserve Collection, or at another University of Kent library site
To access the new LibrarySearch, go to https://librarysearch.kent.ac.uk or follow the links on the Kent website. Please don’t use bookmarked links that might point at the old system.
If you can’t find what you are looking for, please ask for help:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone 01227 824999
- visit IT & Library Support in the Templeman Library
Why did we upgrade?
The new LibrarySearch system allows us to:
- make borrowing easier and fairer
- make it easier to request things from the Reserve and Thesis Collections, from Medway and Tonbridge, or that aren’t on the shelf
- offer a better mobile experience
- make it easier to ask us to buy new items or borrow them for you from other libraries
- deliver many more improvements in future.