Kent Law Campaign student volunteer wins Fairweather Prize

We were thrilled to hear that our very own Kent Law Campaign Student Group Fundraising Officer (2014/15), Andrew Wilson, was awarded the Fairweather Prize for outstanding contribution to the Kent Law Clinic at this year’s Kent Law School prize-giving reception.

After the Kent Law School graduation ceremony on Tuesday 14 June, a drinks reception was held on the Canterbury campus, hosted by Kent Law School. Head of School, Professor Toni Williams welcomed visitors to a marquee overlooking the city where 30 prizes were presented to Canterbury law students in recognition of their academic successes. A further eight prizes were awarded to Medway law students who graduated at Rochester Cathedral earlier this month.

Of the prize, Andrew says: “Having the opportunity to work within the Kent Law Clinic made my final year at university the best experience that I could ask for. Spending my time helping others, gaining vital experience and working alongside my friends has been a great way to wrap up three very good years working toward my Law degree. Winning the Fairweather prize has been wonderful, it’s an amazing feeling to be awarded the prize for my work within the Law Clinic, all of us have worked very hard this year on the cases coming to the Clinic and I can’t be more grateful for the recognition.”

For more information on this year’s prize winners visit the Kent Law School website.