Kent Law Campaign volunteer wins The Chancellor’s Award

Billy Yu Lok Ng

On Friday 8 May, the University celebrated outstanding extracurricular student achievement at the 2015 Kent Student Awards Gala Dinner.
Our very own Billy Ng, Vice Chair of the Kent Law Campaign Student Group, was awarded the Chancellor’s Employability Points Award and the Outstanding Fundraiser of the Year Award.
The Chancellor’s Employability Points Award recognises a student who has made an outstanding contribution to a University initiative, while participating in the Employability Points Scheme. Billy has worked tirelessly campaigning and fundraising for the Kent Law Campaign accumulating a considerable amount of volunteering employability points throughout the year.
The Outstanding Fundraiser of the Year Award recognises students who generously devote their time to fundraising, making a real difference for their societies or organisations in the local community. Billy has helped organise, as well as taken part in numerous activities to raise money for the new Kent Law Clinic. The Clinic reaches out to the vulnerable in the community that cannot afford legal support to help them gain justice. Billy’s last fundraising challenge, the Reading Half Marathon, brought in an incredible £530 for the Kent Law Campaign.
Of his achievement, Billy said ‘I would like to wholeheartedly thank the Kent Law Campaign and the University of Kent for helping me end my Law degree on a high note. It has been a fantastic journey that I am extremely grateful for. I would like to share these awards with Hilary Edridge, Anna Pollard and Dr. Anthony Manning for all of their support. I will continue in remaining humble and working hard, hopefully my help may be able to reach more people especially the vulnerable in need.’
The Kent Law Campaign would like to congratulate Billy on being awarded these prestigious awards and thank him for his commitment to the Campaign over the past year.
For more information about the Employability Points Scheme, please visit our website: www.kent.ac.uk/employabilitypoints/