Kent law student swims from Asia to Europe for the Kent Law Campaign

On Sunday 20th July 2014, Kent Law School student Susanne Mueller, took part in The Bosphorus Cross-Continental Swim in aid of the Kent Law Campaign and has raised over £300.

The 2014/15 Chair of the Kent Law Campaign Student Group joined 1,700 people to cross the Istanbul Strait which connects the Black Sea with the Sea of Marmara in Turkey. The 6.5km swim is organised by the National Olympic Committee of Turkey and is one of the world’s top 100 open water swims.  Susanne completed the course in the excellent time of 1:09:41.

Of the challenge, Susanne said: “I’m absolutely shattered right now with various bruises but am so glad I did it! It was an amazing experience and I am so pleased to have raised over £300 to date. I was recently elected as the Chair of the Kent Law Campaign Student Group for 2014/15 and wanted to lead by example so decided to raise money for this fantastic cause by taking part in this race. I am thrilled to be able to say that I have been a part of this amazing project and will always remember my first challenge event for the Kent Law Campaign!”

Anna Pollard, Campaigns Manager, said: “Susanne set herself an extremely difficult personal challenge and we were delighted to hear how well she did on the gruelling course. She is a huge inspiration and we are extremely grateful for her dedication to the Kent Law Campaign.”

If you have been inspired by Susanne’s achievement you can sponsor her online or even sign up to take part in your own challenge event in aid of the Campaign. Please contact us for more information about how we can support you in your fundraising events.