Current students run the Brighton Half Marathon in aid of the Kent Law Campaign

On Sunday 16th February 2014, Emily Smith and Callum Borg, both Kent Law School students, ran the Brighton Half Marathon in just 2 hours 6 minutes to raise money for the Kent Law Campaign.

Now in its 24th year, the Brighton Half Marathon is a gruelling 13.1 mile course around the streets of Brighton and is deemed to be one of the most popular races in the national running calendar.  Emily, Chair of the Kent Law Campaign Student Group, and Callum decided to embrace this challenge to raise money for the Campaign and have so far raised in excess of £850 including Gift Aid and the University’s matched funding scheme.

Of the challenge, Emily said: “I’ve always been a fan of running to keep fit so decided to run a race for charity. As a law student at the University of Kent, the Law Campaign is very close to my heart and any money that we raise from this fundraising will go towards building a new home for our beloved Law Clinic. When I crossed the finish line and received my medal with wobbly legs, I remembered how much I had raised and immediately forget about the pain and started celebrating!”

In conjunction with the Young Alumni Group, the Kent Law Campaign Student Group has raised over £40,000 to date through events such as law balls, quizzes, a 5km fun run, the Three Peaks Challenge and skydives.

If you would like to sponsor Emily and Callum, please visit their fundraising page. www.justgiving.com/emilycallum