Importance of Suppliers:
“Suppliers provide businesses with products and services to run their operations. It is important for businesses to internalise CSR and demonstrate a extended chain of responsibility. After all, their reputation is at stake and so suppliers should be monitored and treated with respect.” (Jay Basil, 2017).
Relevant ethical issues:
- Human Rights Violations: Health and Safety violations, forced labour
- Corruption: Minerals from conflict areas
- Unethical Sourcing
- Preferential Treatment
- Conflict of Interest
- Misuse of Power
- Gifting and Bribery
- The Dark underworld of Bangladesh’s clothes industry
- Primark linked to UK sweatshops
- Reacting to Bad Publicity over Sweat Shop Issue: The Case of Primark
- Business Ethics: Case study of Primark
- The Rana Plaza Factory Incident – What Have We Learned Four Years After?