The V&A Department of Theatre and Performance contains the UK’s National Collection of Performing Arts. The collections are vast, covering all areas of live performance – from theatre, opera and ballet, to music hall and musical theatre, circus, puppetry, and rock and pop.
· Departmental activity is divided into collections work (based at Blythe House, Olympia) and exhibitions, events and publications (based at V&A South Kensington).
· Exhibitions-based work includes the development of temporary displays in the Theatre and Performance Galleries at the V&A and a broad programme of special exhibitions, both at the V&A and on tour, and running various special performance-related events.
Voluntary Work Experience Placements and Training
· The Exhibitions side of the Department offers a small number of volunteer and graduate placements for career development, training and research.
· Placements are available in the following areas: Research and interpretation, Exhibition development and Performance events and programming.
· Volunteers have access to professional development training and experience, both at the V&A and at other relevant institutions and organisations in London, such as theatres, museums and other arts institutions.
· Work is varied and rewarding, and allows volunteers to contribute to the work of one of the UK’s flagship cultural institutions.
· The next placements will start on 2 October 2017 and run for approximately six months.(Please note that different projects require different time commitments).
Applications – If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the application form overleaf and then send this to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 17 September 2017.