Saturday 13th May, 10am, The Gulbenkian Theatre
TED is a nonprofit organisation devoted to spreading ideas and celebrating a multi-disciplinary environment; this usually takes the form of short powerful talks by a variety of people with innovative and enlightening perspectives. TEDx events, like ours, are independently run events licenced by TED and put together by a group of dedicated volunteers who in this case are students, alumni and community members.
The TEDxUniversityofKent team have been working hard since September to raise funds to organise an event which dives into the theme of The Unexplored. Many acclaimed academics, students and members of the local community will be coming forward to share their exciting and innovative ideas.
- Richard Misek – a leading film-maker and academic that teaches at the University of Kent
- Nicole Brown – a doctoral researcher at the University of Kent and lecturer in Education, and Programme Leader for Secondary Teacher Education Programme at University College London’s Insitute of Education
- Rob Bryne– a Social Sciences Student exploring the impact of ‘safe spaces’ on freedom of speech on campus
- Tim Marris – a registered Osteopath with 39 years clinical experience who is exploring how many people get out of step with time in their thinking, becoming ‘past or future thinkers’.
- Jayne Lawson – the Central Manager of the HEAT project, which is dedicated to using data to target, monitor and evaluate outreach programmes in Higher Education.
There are more on the list waiting to share their ideas with you and we have many activities planned throughout the day for our visitors to get involved in and discover what the theme of the unexplored means to them.
Tickets can be purchased here and all funds contribute to the running of the event: https://uk.patronbase.com/_Gulbenkian/Sections/Choose?prod_id=CDN&perf_id=2
**ALSO TEDX IS STILL LOOKING FOR DRAMA AND THEATRE STUDENTS TO ASSIST WITH TECHNICAL – if this interests anyone please contact Maisie Ann Golding on email@example.com.
FOLLOW THE EVENT ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/241033816360820/
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/tedxukc/
- Twitter: @TEDxUKC https://twitter.com/TEDxUKC
- Instagram: @TEDxUniversityofKent https://www.instagram.com/tedxuniversityofkent/?hl=en